At 12 noon we had our first class with Kenny McAlpine. Kenny is the course leader for Creative Sound Production and our mentor for this year. This class we were described the two large parts of honours year:
- The practical based project, and the
- Literature based dissertation.
In this class we were mainly going over the course of action to be taken in semester one. In semester one the things I will be working on are included here:
- Project concept development, where I will be looking at each perspective of my project critically.
- Project planning, where I will set relevant milestones and objectives for my project. This step is really all about time management.
- Skills audit and development, which is critically evaluating yourself and acknowledging where you have gaps in your skill level which are needed for your project.
- Knowledge audit and development, very similar to above but for your knowledge of the relevant area relating to your project.
- Pre-production, where we will go over all relevant source material and fill in our essential paperwork.